Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Unprovoked Attack Issue

Go down 
+2
porkpotpie
Magnetic Rose
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Magnetic Rose

Menotians : 0

Unprovoked Attack Issue Empty
PostSubject: Unprovoked Attack Issue   Unprovoked Attack Issue EmptyFri Nov 06 2009, 06:45

Good Menotah alliance,

My ruler name is Magnetic Rose. Sorry to trouble you, but is there any particular reason one of your underling nations, specifically http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=358527 would have attacked me unprovoked, from an entirely different team, when I have ZERO tech? I just gave my entire tech balance in a 1x1x1 deal, and currently have no funds, as I was awaiting tax revenue. Now, I am in anarchy, so that won't happen for a few days, and I may be able to pay, if I am lucky. In the meantime, here are my circumstances - went alliance-less for ONE DAY in order to follow protocols before joining another alliance, and this happened. You may view the skirmish, here: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_war_information.asp?Nation_ID=33543

I apologize for the tenor of my response, but I was both shocked and angry.

I wrote the following to him:

Bobby the Greek,
this is NOT TOURNAMENT EDITION. I just left an alliance yesterday so I could wait the few proper days before joining another one. What are you attacking me for unprovoked? Fun picking on someone far below your strength? I was an NWO/NOIR foreign ambassador for crying out loud, and I'm moving to another, more powerful alliance. Do you want them to kick your ass, along with all my tournament edition friends? Cease and desist and peace out before I start talking to your alliance and my friends.

-MR
Back to top Go down
porkpotpie

porkpotpie

Menotians : 67

PostSubject: Re: Unprovoked Attack Issue   Unprovoked Attack Issue EmptyFri Nov 06 2009, 09:58

Ooh! I'm watching this topic. O.O
Back to top Go down
general tso
Basic Menotah Member
Basic Menotah Member
general tso

Menotians : 245

PostSubject: Re: Unprovoked Attack Issue   Unprovoked Attack Issue EmptyFri Nov 06 2009, 12:32

usually when applying for an alliance you have the AA set to applicant rather than none.

when some of our lower nations see "none" they raid, as raiding alliances is bad (which we just worked on breaking bobby of).

I do not speak for the greater government of menotah, and these are my opinions, but having "none" as your AA is a quick way to get raided. One of our tri once went to none for a day as a joke, he was raided by two people. This is a risk that goes with flying none as an AA.

I am glad to see that peace in this conflict was declared, but in the future do not set AA to none and expect to not have some over zealous fellow leap.
Back to top Go down
Magnetic Rose

PostSubject: Re: Unprovoked Attack Issue   Unprovoked Attack Issue EmptyFri Nov 06 2009, 12:55

general tso wrote:
usually when applying for an alliance you have the AA set to applicant rather than none.

when some of our lower nations see "none" they raid, as raiding alliances is bad (which we just worked on breaking bobby of).

I do not speak for the greater government of menotah, and these are my opinions, but having "none" as your AA is a quick way to get raided. One of our tri once went to none for a day as a joke, he was raided by two people. This is a risk that goes with flying none as an AA.

I am glad to see that peace in this conflict was declared, but in the future do not set AA to none and expect to not have some over zealous fellow leap.

General, I completely understand your quite fair reasoning, it's simply a pity that, techless as I was, I actually had nothing worth raiding. The "anarchy" trophy is suited to TE, but not here; this is the main reason I am disappointed. As for the AA, sadly, I was trying to follow protocols of an interim wait period for an okay to change governments, as I was a high-level officer, to ensure that I was released with no tech or monies owed. I was a few hours late waking up before I got the notice (these things take time, people have lives and are not on 24/7) and the go-ahead to put in that necessary app info, and bam, there I was, boffled.
Back to top Go down
Fireblade

Fireblade

Menotians : 548

PostSubject: Re: Unprovoked Attack Issue   Unprovoked Attack Issue EmptyFri Nov 06 2009, 13:21

Soo... what do you want? Peace? lol

Last edited by Fireblade on Fri Nov 06 2009, 14:06; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Magnetic Rose

PostSubject: Re: Unprovoked Attack Issue   Unprovoked Attack Issue EmptyFri Nov 06 2009, 13:49

Fireblade wrote:
Soo... what do you want? Peace? lol

lulz.

If I thought I wouldn't get laughed at/shot down I'd ask for a modicum of war reparations to fix my fluxxored little nation. Whatever. I just wanted to state my case on your forums and seek a little justice. It's your guild, you do what you see fit.

BTW, I have to know if that's a dragon or a firebird in the member ID photo. I likes it.
Back to top Go down
Fireblade

Fireblade

PostSubject: Re: Unprovoked Attack Issue   Unprovoked Attack Issue EmptyFri Nov 06 2009, 14:09

It's a mystery Razz Let's just say my soul looks something like that?
I'm rather fond of flaming creatures actually ^_^
As far as justice I can't offer you any. Our charter specifically allows attacks upon 'none'. Since you were under that affiliation at the time there isn't anything I can do.

I can ask Bobby to give you peace though.
Back to top Go down
Lord Matt Watty
Basic Menotah Member
Basic Menotah Member
Lord Matt Watty

Menotians : 95

PostSubject: Re: Unprovoked Attack Issue   Unprovoked Attack Issue EmptySat Nov 07 2009, 03:53

Ok so Bobby the Greek sent me this. I'm sure this pertains to this topic.

Quote :
To: Lord Matt Watty From: Bobby the Greek Date: 11/6/2009 11:09:02 AM

Subject: help

Message: I am Bobby the Greek and I need some assistance from you if you would be so kind. I come out of peace mode on 11/10/09 and I would like you to declare war on me. I do not want you to attack me but I would appreciate you occupying one of my three war slots.

It seems the UBD wants to send three nations to war with me because I told one of their guys to piss off. Such is life in CN.

Please respond back.

Bobby the Greek
Menotah
Back to top Go down
general tso
Basic Menotah Member
Basic Menotah Member
general tso

Menotians : 245

PostSubject: Re: Unprovoked Attack Issue   Unprovoked Attack Issue EmptySat Nov 07 2009, 12:12

I warned him about war slot filling.

I want to know more about what he said to whom as well
Back to top Go down
Fireblade

Fireblade

PostSubject: Re: Unprovoked Attack Issue   Unprovoked Attack Issue EmptySat Nov 07 2009, 15:45

He has gone rogue, and left the alliance. Bobby is no longer our concern.
Back to top Go down
porkpotpie

porkpotpie

Menotians : 67

PostSubject: Re: Unprovoked Attack Issue   Unprovoked Attack Issue EmptyMon Nov 09 2009, 03:18

Just when things were getting interesting...
Back to top Go down
Zerocool

Zerocool

Menotians : 457

PostSubject: Re: Unprovoked Attack Issue   Unprovoked Attack Issue EmptyMon Nov 09 2009, 19:56

OSA approched me about this issue. I messaged Bobby to peace out which he did. He did only attack you purely for the reason you were unalligned and his spies had found out that you had funds avaliable. Feel free to declare on him on your own or with your Alliance. I am sorry that this is all we can offer you, but lifes shit live with it lol...

Zerocool
Back to top Go down
Magnetic Rose

PostSubject: Re: Unprovoked Attack Issue   Unprovoked Attack Issue EmptyTue Nov 10 2009, 12:36

Zerocool wrote:
OSA approched me about this issue. I messaged Bobby to peace out which he did. He did only attack you purely for the reason you were unalligned and his spies had found out that you had funds avaliable. Feel free to declare on him on your own or with your Alliance. I am sorry that this is all we can offer you, but lifes shit live with it lol...

Zerocool

Works for me! BTW, I do prefer that title to Crash Override.

I love that movie... I don't know why, I just do.

Peace, out!
Back to top Go down
Zerocool

Zerocool

Menotians : 457

PostSubject: Re: Unprovoked Attack Issue   Unprovoked Attack Issue EmptyWed Nov 11 2009, 04:52

Have fun ^.~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unprovoked Attack Issue   Unprovoked Attack Issue Empty

Back to top Go down

Unprovoked Attack Issue
Page 1 of 1